TMD Therapy - Colorado Springs
Stop Chronic Facial Pain & Headaches
Are you suffering from chronic headaches, jaw pain, neck pain, or embarrassing clicking and popping sounds when you eat? If so, you may have TMD. Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) is an increasingly common and degenerative (but rarely properly diagnosed) affliction. TMD can cause chronic migraines and severe jaw pain, and it may even significantly reduce your overall quality of life. TMD requires treatment and won’t get better on its own. You don’t have to deal with the pain or discomfort of TMD any longer. You can make your TMD therapy appointment with Anderson Family Dental by Espire today for immediate relief. General dentist Dr. Anderson offers comprehensive TMD diagnosis and therapy options to patients throughout Colorado Springs, Stratmoor, Falcon, Black Forest, and the nearby communities.
Why Choose Anderson Family Dental by Espire for TMD Therapy?
- Advanced training at the prestigious Pankey Institute
- Able to relieve persistent headaches & migraines
- Custom-made appliances that treat you while you sleep
What Causes TMD?
While the exact cause of TMD is often unknown, researchers have found that it is more likely to occur in patients who:
- Have injured the jaw, the joint, or the muscles of the head and neck
- Grind or clench their teeth
- Experience movement of the soft cushion or disc between the ball and socket of the joint
- Suffer from arthritis
- Have stress-induced jaw tightening
How is TMD Treated?
TMD therapy can involve the use of a custom nightguard, intraoral splint, orthodontic treatment, or other non-dental interventions like stress management and dietary changes. The first step in your TMD therapy from Anderson Family Dental by Espire will involve a complete assessment to discover the right combination of treatment options for you. If you grind your teeth at night, we might fit you for a custom nightguard. Alternatively, if slight misalignments in your jaw joint are causing the problem, a custom splint can bring your jaw into the correct position and alleviate the strain.
What Are the Symptoms of TMD?
If you have been experiencing any combination of the following symptoms, you should seek TMD therapy immediately:
- Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck, shoulders, or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- Problems with opening your mouth wide
- Jaws that lock in the open or closed position
- Clicking or popping noises in the jaw joint when you open or close your mouth
- Difficulty chewing or a uncomfortable bite (as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly)
- Swelling on one side of your face
Skilled Colorado Springs TMD Dentist
Dr. Anderson has studied therapeutic treatments for TMD at the Pankey Institute, a well-known leader in TMD therapy education. Anderson Family Dental by Espire understands that comprehensive TMD therapy requires a multi-pronged approach. When you choose us for your TMD therapy needs, you can rest assured that we will find the right combination of treatment options to alleviate the effects of this potentially debilitating disorder. TMD can wreak havoc on your daily life. Let Anderson Family Dental by Espire advise you on your treatment options today! Schedule your appointment today. Dr. Anderson proudly serves patients of all ages throughout Colorado Springs, Stratmoor, Falcon, Black Forest, and surrounding Pike's Peak communities.