COVID - 19
As all of us continue to watch and manage the current public health crisis, we are reaching out to keep you informed of our efforts to keep our community safe. We believe that the oral cavity is an entry point to the body and deserves careful attention. By continuing regular dental care, we can help mitigate and prevent oral disease and some systemic diseases.
The community focus on and the rapid spread of COVID-19 has brought up many concerns about daily life. We want our patients to know that we are continuing our care using CDC and American Dental Association guidelines for healthcare professionals.
In keeping with this, we are asking our patients to carefully consider the following statements below when scheduling or attending an existing appointment at Anderson Family Dental:
- I have travelled outside the United States in the last 2 months
- I have travelled on a cruise ship in the last 2 months
- I have travelled to one of the identified “COVID-19 hotspots” in the United States in the last 14 days (e.g. in Washington, New York, California)
- I have you have travelled to the following counties in Colorado in the last 14 days – Eagle, Summit, Pitkin or Gunnison
- I have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, being tested for the virus and/or is self-quarantined due to perceived exposure
- I have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, and/or other flu like symptoms
If you or someone accompanying you to our office can answer YES to any of the statements, we strongly recommend that you contact your primary care physician and ask your you to REFRAIN from coming into our office. We would be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
In an effort to help stop the spread of this virus we are encouraging regular handwashing, be aware of not touching your face, and practice social distancing. The CDC defines this as remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintain a distance of approximately 6 feet from others when possible.
If you plan to come to our office, we are helping to encourage this social distancing by asking patients to stay in their cars until scheduled appointment times when we will be ready to seat them in one of our clinical rooms. We will call patients to inform them that we are ready for them and their loved ones. We also ask that your patients limit the number of friends or family members they bring with them to their appointment to 1-person. Please call us to check-in when you arrive at our building at (719) 593-0988.
We, along with our communities, are hoping this public health crisis will end quickly. If you do need to cancel your appointment with us, we will happily reschedule their appointment to a later date. As more information and changes occur with this situation, we will continue to update you.
The Anderson Family Dental Staff & Dr. Erick Anderson