COVID - 19
As all of us continue to watch and manage the current public health crisis, we are reaching out to keep you informed of our efforts to keep our community safe. We believe that the oral cavity is an entry point to the body and deserves careful attention. By continuing regular dental care, we can help mitigate and prevent oral disease and some systemic diseases.
The community’s focus on and the rapid spread of COVID-19 has brought up many concerns about daily life. We want our patients to know that we are continuing our care while following the Public Health Order guidelines given by the state for healthcare professionals.
In keeping with this, we are asking our patients to carefully consider the following statements below when scheduling or attending an existing appointment at Anderson Family Dental:
- I have travelled outside the United States in the last 2 months.
- I have travelled on a cruise ship in the last 2 months.
- I have travelled out of the state of Colorado in the last 14 days.
- I have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, being tested for the virus and/or is self-quarantined due to perceived exposure.
- I have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, and/or other flu-like symptoms.
- I am at higher risk due to one of the following conditions: ANY type of heart or lung conditions, autoimmune disease, pregnancy, OR I am 65 or older w/ any health conditions that would make me higher risk.
If you or someone accompanying you to our office can answer YES to any of the statements, we strongly recommend that you contact your primary care physician and ask you to REFRAIN from coming into our office. We would be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
In an effort to help prevent the spread of this virus we are encouraging regular handwashing, be aware of not touching your face, and practice social distancing. The CDC defines this as remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining a distance of approximately 6 feet from others when possible.
If you plan to come to our office, we are helping to encourage this social distancing by asking patients to stay in their cars until scheduled appointment times. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CALL US WHEN YOU ARRIVE; we just ask that you do not come into the office earlier than your scheduled appointment time. We also ask that you limit the number of friends or family members accompanying you to your appointment to one other person. We do require that you wear a mask or some type of covering for your mouth and nose.
We, along with our communities, are hoping this public health crisis will end quickly. If you do need to cancel your appointment with us, we will happily reschedule your appointment to a later date. As more information and changes occur with this situation, we will continue to update you. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Stay safe!
Dr. Erick Anderson & The Anderson Family Dental Staff